Saturday, November 12, 2011

Autumn Fruit of the Land

It's amazing that even as the seasons change, one country can still produce so much from the land.
Today we went out into town to get a few bits and we collected local produce. I get such a high from eating fresh, local food.
We bought tangerines, fresh eggs, horse chestnuts, walnuts. And mum even found a massive pumpkin!
 

We even took a drive out into one of the villages and there was so much wild Pomegranate on the roads. As we drove further into the mountain and on such a cold day, you begin to realise the isolation and solitude the communities must live in as the snow comes, roads close and people are closed off in their villages.

But I took my trusty soldier with me to watch over me and protect me from charging donkeys!!!


Scary!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment