Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year's Travels

Happy New Year!

I hope it was a refreshing break for you all.
New Year was really lovely this year. I went to Istanbul for a few days with my side of the family. Its not that far from Thessaloniki for us (Not by my travelling standards anyway), so we filled the cars up and drove to Turkey.

Some of the best times for me was sitting drinking Turkish Tea with my family and stuffing my face with Turkish Delight. The markets and views of the city was also great. 
We managed to do some sightseeing and a few souvenirs collected on the way.

Here are a few of the highlights from our trip...


The Basilica Cistern. Underground waterways built by the Romans



Jamie getting a 'Cut-throat Shave'... gulp!




Eyeballing the Turkish Delight... mouth watering. My favourite: Rose... all the way!


Jamie also bought a tea set so we can come home a create afternoon tea the turkish way! So New Years day we had a practise run, and he made some Turkish Rose Tea. It was intoxicating stuff, but so delicious!



Spot of Shopping. Who could resist in such a city???


A great way to start 2012. Start as you mean to go on... x

Check out my sister's blog over at apalipost. She's also blogged about our time away together too.


No comments:

Post a Comment