Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sugar and spice and all things nice!

We arrived in shokdra this afternoon. And already I'm inspired.

Lemons hanging from the tree in the court yard... That can only mean one thing - lemon curd!
Also, we're going to get our knuckles into making bread. Life is lived out on the bicycle, so off to by a baby seat for ollie.

Oh, going to have to learn how to pasteurise milk too! Big boiling pots to be bought and urns to store the milk in...

Our home has no central heating, so we're cosied up around a wood burning stove. Thank goodness I bought electric blankets! Temperature will drop throughout the week in to the minus numbers.... Brrrrr!

Tomorrow morning I'll be ordering logs for the fire.

This is the simple life...

2 comments:

  1. No central heating!! I think I would die!!

    Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in pasteurising milk and making lemon curd. Keep us up to date.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon curd is one of my most favourite things! Reminds me of Nana Barnes - she used to make it too..yum yum.

    Brrr...I'm chilly here at The Throughts tonight, and that's WITH central heating. Glad you've got those electric blankets!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete