Friday, January 28, 2011

New season

Good Evening bloggers...

I'm back in Greece for a year and a half, whilst my husband carries out his field work for research in social Anthropology.
I intend to dive back in to the heart of greek life. explore cooking techniques and traditions, sew and get creative for apali post and meet women in this region with a heart open to receive me and my little boy.
I will also be travelling up into Albania regularly. So i look forward to meeting new people, exploring new a culture.

Having lived back in England, I settled back into english way of life quite quickly. I wasn't so sure about coming back to greece. but I hope as we start out on this journey, there'll be lots of share and new and exciting things to learn about greece and Albania.

we started watching The Lord of the Rings again, which I feel is timely for the season we are in, the journey we're on and the struggles I deal with along the way.

Now all I have to do is be wise with the time that is given to me... Good night x


"Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought." JRR Tolkein

No comments:

Post a Comment