Sunday, October 23, 2011

A fresh view of Greece

Having lived in Greece now for the last 13 years, I have become used to life and all that I see - my day to day patterns.
I guess it's like living next to a beautiful view and slowly you forget to see it and all its worth. 

Since starting this blog I have found it difficult to write things about my time in Greece, but much easier to write about Albania, as it is a whole new experience for me and everything is new to my eye.

Well, a couple of days ago that changed. I 'saw' Greece. It was a wonderful experience for me. I fell in love with Greece again and its beauty!

Ironically, this happened in a moment of crisis. As protests, strikes and anger flared in the cities, our refuge came in a town called Kastoria.
Having arrived at the Greek/Albanian border to find it closed, we decided to spend a day and night in Kastoria.


Autumnal colours!

Beautiful Venetian homes

Oliver bouncing on the bed in our hotel.

View from our hotel

Still enjoying the view from our hotel room

Kastoria Lake


Greece truly is a beautful place...


No comments:

Post a Comment