Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Something to muse on???

I was on a bike ride with Oliver one morning in Albania: exploring the city and buying fruit and veg when I came across this older gentleman sitting against a wall selling his herbs and spices on a crate by his feet.

Intially I thought, 'What a fantastic wall!' The colour, (also looking alot like my backdrop) was beautiful. And I wonder if the man sells mint for my salad?
Then I turned to look at the man. He was sitting there, looking straight out and watching the world pass him by.
He wasn't what I was expecting. To be honest I have no idea what I was expecting, but this wasn't it.

(Oh and I'm not the best photographer... but hopefully you get the gist!)





His face, with all his lines and weather beaten brow has a story to tell. But his jacket and beret tell a different story to that of his face?

How does he live?
What was his life like through the Communist era?
Who is his family? his wife? his children?

Maybe I'll get the guts to ask him these questions. But until then. He's just the gentleman in my blog. nameless...
until I learn Albanian... we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment